About Me

My photo
Alfred, New York, United States

Friday, March 2, 2012

Baby* L 4 months









         Every baby is a miracle, however for us Lavera Marie is an extra miracle. About half way through my pregnancy I went in for a routine ultrasound, during the procedure we noticed that the technician looked a little concerned but she didn't say anything. At my following appointment my Doctor informed me that the ultrasound showed that our baby had a cyst on her brain and a bright spot was found on her heart and these were both markers for down syndrome. My heart sank, it took a little while to wrap my mind around what she was telling me. When I told my husband he immediately said, whatever happened would be perfect, God doesn't make mistakes and if God wanted to bless us with a down syndrome baby we would love her just the same. Over the following weeks we cried and prayed together. The experience brought us closer as a couple and closer to God. 4 weeks later I went in for another ultra sound and miraculously the cyst and bright spot had both disappeared! It was wonderful news.

We were so anxious to meet our little princess and on October 27 she finally arrived. I held our little miracle that we had prayed and waited for. Then the Doctor held up her umbilical cord, in it was a large knot. She held it up and ever so slightly pulled on the ends and the knot tightened, choking all the blood out of it. We then realized how close we had been to losing her! At any point during the pregnancy or during the delivery that cord could have tightened and we would not be holding this beautiful little girl. 
With all of the medical advancements of today we still had no control over anything. Only God knew all along what was happening and I am so thankful that He kept her safe.

       The Psalmist stated it correctly when he wrote:
  For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
Psalms 139:13-14




No comments:

Post a Comment